At Hope Corner, we are very aware of how technology and digital has impacted our everyday lives, particularly during the recent pandemic. However, not everyone in our community is tech-savvy or has the ability to connect in this way.
Since we opened, Hope Corner has had a number of initiatives which have helped people who may be digitally excluded:
- Free public Wifi connection tor visitors.
- In-house computers to assist learning (used by Catch-up Maths, work training schemes, etc.).
- Scanning of documents and printing facilities (part of our Community Support project).
- Digital training for seniors (previously used at Tea & Tech and Computer Basics courses).
- Refurbished laptops for families.
- Referrals to computer learning and assistance services (Chipping Barnet Library and Age UK).
Here are some of the digital opportunities going on in Barnet:
- NHS digital skills: Learn how to use the NHS app or book appointments online – click here for more details