Local careers opportunities
Hope Corner is looking for volunteers for the café (which includes training as a barista) and some of our other activities, including helping at the Seniors’ Lunch Club on a Tuesday, serving the lunch and clearing up after. Please apply in person at the centre or email email@example.com
- Construction site manager roles for women – click here for details
- First Rung provide education and employment programmes for young people aged 16-24 who face difficulties with mainstream education and/or barriers to education and employment.
LINKS TO LOCAL CAREERS OPPORTUNITES
Part of Hope Corner’s developing remit is to assist with agencies, organisations and companies in advertising local careers opportunities to residents of Dollis Valley and the Underhill Ward.
Click on the links below to see what is available:
- Careers with Countryside Properties
- Fitness Academy Gym Instructing Course
- Barnet Guide to Internships
- Salvation Army Employment Plus jobs initiative
- Boost – Employment and benefit advice in Barnet
- Local village network employability support. For latest signpost to opportunities, click here
- Barnet & Southgate College Skills For Work
- West Lea Supported Internship Programme (easy-read version here)
- Oaklands College traineeships
- Prince’s Trust programmes for young people
- Hopscotch – Empowering Women into Employment
Hope Corner partnered with Barnet Council, Countryside Properties and Cherry Tree Foundation to provide a 6-week railway industry course for Dollis Valley residents which ran for six weeks in September/October 2021. A number of the participants gained their Sentinel card and some gained employment and interviews as a result. For more details of this type of course, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 020 7117 2660.