Local careers opportunities
Part of Hope Corner’s developing remit is to assist with agencies, organisations and companies in advertising local careers opportunities to residents of Dollis Valley and the Underhill Ward.
The centre is currently recruiting an Operations Manager – see details here and volunteers for its cafe operation which includes training as a barista. (apply at the centre or email email@example.com
Please click on the links below to see what is available:
- Careers with Countryside Properties
- Fitness Academy Gym Instructing Course
- Barnet Guide to Internships
- Salvation Army / Mayor of London Employment Plus jobs initiative
- Boost – Employment and benefit advice in Barnet
- Local village network employability support
- Barnet & Southgate College Skills For Work
- West Lea Supported Internship Programme (easy-read version here)
- Itec Hospitality Traineeships in London
- Oaklands College traineeships
- Prince’s Trust Achieve Programme
- Hopscotch – Equip Employability Programme
Women into Construction Employment Programme (in partnership with West London College) – Information Session takes place on 21st February, 10am – 2.30pm (by invitation only) at Southall Community College, Beaconsfield Road, Southall, Middlesex UB1 1DP.
To register your place, please go to: www.women-into-construction.org/programmes/
For more details, download the flyer
Training course for hospitality roles available at the brand new ‘Luxury Living’ care homes in Hendon & Barnet. Starts 25th January at Barnet & Southgate College (Southgate campus) here
Hope Corner partnered with Barnet Council, Countryside Properties and Cherry Tree Foundation to provide a 6-week railway industry course for Dollis Valley residents which ran for six weeks in September/October 2021. A number of the participants gained their Sentinel card and some gained employment and interviews as a result. For more details of this type of course, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 020 7117 2660.