Services and Advice
BCA is engaged with organisations and community services which operate in healthcare, housing, disability support, victim support, adult social care, community safety, etc.
- Community Support – information and advice point (drop-in) for residents of Dollis Valley and the surrounding area around Mays Lane, including local services provided by London Borough of Barnet (weekdays, 9.30am – 2.00pm).
- 1 to 1 Community Support sessions (weekday afternoons, by appointment with the manager)
- Local Food Bank referral and advice point (for The Trussell Trust and Christ Church Barnet food banks).
- Crisis meal voucher scheme for Community Cafe – apply at the centre for vouchers.
- Debt counselling referral for local residents to Barnet CAP Debt Centre
- London & Quadrant Housing Association face-to-face resident surgeries, twice monthly – latest days and times here
- Regeneration Partnerships Board – which continues the process of residents’ consultation in the new development.
- Support for Voluntary Carers – drop-in session with Barnet Carers every alternate Thursday (10am – 12pm). More details here
- Referral for ESOL classes with Barnet & Southgate College.
- Referral for digital and community services with Chipping Barnet Library.
Jobs, volunteering and training opportunities:
- Volunteering opportunities for residents – apply at the centre.
- Information point for local employment and training.- see latest here
- Computer help referral – latest here or contact the centre for more details.
Hope Corner is continuing to be used as a polling station for the Underhill Ward following the recent ward area changes.