Services & Advice
BCA has been engaged with organisations and community services which operate in healthcare, disability support, victim support, adult social care, community safety, etc.
Existing services successfully transferred to the new centre:
- Regeneration Partnerships Board – which continues the process of residents’ consultation in the new development.
- Information and advice point (drop-in) for residents of Dollis Valley and the surrounding area around Mays Lane, especially to local services provided by London Borough of Barnet. (Weekdays, 9am – 5.30pm, closed Monday PM)
- Local Food Bank referral and advice point (for both the Trussell Trust and Christ Church, Barnet food banks).
- London & Quadrant Housing Association surgeries (Wednesday 2pm-4pm; Friday 10.30am-12.30am)
- Underhill Ward Councillors Advice Surgeries (2nd / 4th Monday of the month, 11.30am-12.30pm)
Hope Corner has been used as a polling station for the Underhill Ward in the recent elections.
While specific individual evening lets are catered for, it is our aim to make the centre more widely available to local people. To this end, we have ring-fenced Saturdays so that local people can hire the hall for events such as birthdays parties and other celebrations.