Activities for Children & Young People
Children and young people are an integral part of the work of Hope Corner, although our venue is not suitable for custom-built youth services.
However, the following activities are currently in operation:
- Homework Club for Y6+ (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, 3.30pm-5.30pm)
- Fixation Theatre for 4-6 year-olds (Thursday 4pm-5pm)
- Fixation Theatre for 7-11 year-olds (Thursday 5pm-6pm)
- Fixation Theatre (extra session) (Thursday 6pm-7pm)
- Rhyme Time for Toddlers (Thursday 1.30pm-2.30pm)
- Irish Dancing (Monday 5.15pm-6.15pm)
- Art Class (Friday, 3.30pm-4.30pm)
Fixation Theatre is an exciting new emerging theatre company based in North London and surrounding areas, which creates opportunities for young people to participate in theatre and learn skills associated with expressive arts in a safe, conducive environment, including drama, dance, singing and film. Affordable sessions have been provided for children aged 4-18 on Thursday afternoon / evening. The group has added a third session due to its popularity.
Low educational attainment of children and young people in an area where there are exclusive, high-achieving secondary schools has resulted in poor economic prospects for many young people.
Using the facilities at Hope Corner and expertise drawn from local organisations, BCA is providing extra-curricular assistance through the establishment of a homework club (assisting up to 10 children in any one session). Anne Pegum, formerly of Barnet College, is leading the teaching part of the project.